Monday, September 22, 2014

Too tired to be alive!

This morning when I woke up the first thought that came to my mind was, "I'm too tired to be alive!"  Ha ha... Both kids woke up at the exact same time and I seriously considered letting them just cry for another 15 minutes while I took a snooze.  Wow, I was tired.  My problem is I have a really hard time falling back asleep after the baby wakes up to eat.  So if he wakes up every 2 hours, it takes 20 minutes ish to feed him and then another hour for me to fall back asleep.  So I think between feedings I get about 1/2 hour to sleep totaling about 4 hours each night.  Last night, Kenney decided to be awake from 3-5.  Luckily, Thomas was willing to be up with him that whole time!  Then Thomas took off to go work out at the gym.  I don't even know how he is still on his feet right now.
Well, to finish the story from yesterday.  So after arranging everything to go to the hospital, including packing my bags, making sure William could stay with my parents, and of course a nice shower and getting all spiced up (I figured it was the last time I would feel human again for a while... let's be honest the first 3 months of a baby's life the mom feels like a zombie), we headed.  They started me on pitocin at 2:00 p.m.  Thomas took off to go get me a book and to gather other last minute things we hadn't thought of.  By 4 p.m. the contractions were getting very uncomfortable and Thomas still hadn't returned...
Okay, hopefully this story will finish up tomorrow!

No comments: