Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Day of Autumn

First Day of Autumn.  We made pumpkin bars and put up fall decorations.  Hooray for Autumn!
To continue the story:
Finally I called Thomas, "where are you?!"  He had gone to best buy to look at laptops!  What!  He finally made it back to the hospital about 4:15.  We spent the next hour with me squeezing Thomas' hand every time I had a contraction and begging him to come up with things to tell me that would distract me. By 5:15 I thought I was going to die!  Thinking that I had another hour or two to endure I called in the nurse.  "I want an epidural, hurry!"  She checked me and I was dilated to an 8.  She said, "Well, I'll call him but I doubt that he'd be able to get it in before you have the baby... I 'll go call the anesthesiologist and the doctor while I'm at it.  I bet your pretty close."  She went and called them and about 5 minutes later walked in and said, "I called them they are on their way."  I nodded then all of the sudden I felt like I was being split in two down below.  "AAHHH!!  He's coming out!!!" I yelled!  The nurse frantically called in the whole staff.  We had the on call midwife, the NICU staff (because Kenney was supposedly a Small For Gestational Age baby), and my nurse all rush in.  Everything happened so fast, they got everything ready while I was groaning or yelling (I have no idea what sound I was making... the next day my throat hurt though) and pushing as hard as I could.  The nurse said to me, "Don't push!  The doctor isn't here yet!"  I looked at her in a panic, "I HAVE to push!  I can't not push!"  "Okay, okay, just push then," she said.


No comments: