I was reading over my sister Emily's shoulder while she was reading her writing class textbook. The author of this particular article was telling about his experience as a writer and how every day he would just write for 5 minutes. He wouldn't stop to think about what to write or about correct grammar, he would just write. He eventually had a lot of stories from his personal life and a lot of insights he had recorded, just by writing for 5 minutes. I think I'll try to do that as well. 5 miinutes daily. Then I'll at least capture a little bit of my life and my family's life. Okay... it's already been 3 minutes.
So, we had a baby almost a month ago on August 26. I was 371/2 weeks along and the doctor measured my belly which hadn't grown in 2 weeks. He sent me in for an ultrasound. Everything looked good minus the baby measured really small at 5 lbs and when they did a stress test he had a small deceleration during a contraction. The specialist and my doctor decided that the best thing to do was to send me in to have the baby that day. I was shocked! And immediately started bawling... with tears streaming down my cheeks, I couldn't even call my husband, all I could think of to do at that moment was to drive straight to my parents house...
Okay... 5 minutes is up. More to follow... if I do more than 5 minutes I'll get burn out. Plus I need to burp the baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment