Even though it was a tough weekend (I came down with a bad cold which quickly turned into a sinus infection), I found so many delights! My favorite part of this weekend was watching Thomas and William bond. William is such a momma's boy that he never wants to spend one on one time with Dad. This weekend was different because I was stuck in bed from illness, Daddy was in charge. William happily followed him through work luncheons, errands, and a bit of disc golf with Uncle Trent. I especially enjoyed watching a few runs of ring around the rosies and duck duck goose. William doesn't quite get the concept of duck duck goose, but he certainly enjoys running around in a circle and hitting everybody's head and yelling 'Duck!' At the end of the day everybody was exhausted, yet content. I'm so lucky to be living such a happy prosperous life.
 |
| Provo Beach Resort |
 |
| Getting a long overdue haircut |
 |
| Sunday at my parent's house |
I realized how awesome my life is today right after a terrible two tantrum that lasted about a half an hour. I was feeling extremely frustrated after such a traumatic ordeal. I finally just gave William a bottle of milk (which I am trying to ween him off of... but tantrums and exhaustion always make me cave) and carried him out to the car so we could go to my doctor's visit. As I loaded him into my nice new car I realized how ungrateful I've been feeling lately. To even have the car that I was loading my healthy boy into is such a huge blessing. I'm glad I've begun to look for joy in everyday life, because it helps me see past the frustrations that I focus on so much and realize how happy I truly am.
No comments:
Post a Comment