Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Conference Weekend

This weekend we enjoyed conference as a family.  Conference weekend is one of the best weekends of the year... and it always seems too short!  Each saturday we have sweet rolls for breakfast and then we gather around to watch the two sessions of conference.  During the priesthood session all the girls go out for dinner!  The boys get the leftovers... poor things.  But at least they were spiritually fed!  Sunday is the best day, we eat hot scones, eggs, and bacon for breakfast.  Then during the sessions Mom sets out a bowl of M&M's for us to munch on.  The M&M tradition started because when we were little we would play conference bingo and as a reward we would eat the M&M's that we used.  Playing conference bingo helped us pay attention... but now we can skip the bingo and go straight for the M&M's!  In between Sunday sessions we always go for a car ride up the canyon to look at the pretty fall leaves.  Gorgeous!  We had to skip that tradition because William HATES car rides!  Every car ride usually turns into a scream fest.  Although, he has a toy octopus that helps distract him now.

Although we have lots of traditions that revolve around conference, the best part is listening to all the counsel from the prophet of the Lord. The first time I gained a testimony that we are led by a true prophet of God was when I was reading a talk by President Monson.  I don't even remember what was said, but I felt a distinct impression that he really is called of God and has His authority.  I know if we follow the prophet, we will be led safely back to heaven.

No comments: