Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Catching up!


So much has happened since I last posted.  I just haven’t had a chance to blog because I entertain my baby all day… yes he is still high maintenance but at least he doesn’t fuss all day, only if I ignore him.  When I finally do get some free time, I’m way too tired to even think about blogging.  William went through this funny little phase where he would only take 30 minute naps and then he would wake up about every 45 minutes to an hour each night.  I counted myself lucky when he slept for 2 whole hours!!!  Finally we decided to sleep train… it was miserable, but after one night he is an angel and sleeps for seven whole hours nurses and then goes down for another 3 or four!  Wow!

So what has happened?  William was blessed October 9th.  It was a beautiful day and he was so perfect.  He never cried and he let everyone hold him!  I was so proud of him!  What a little angel.
William's blessing



Thomas is working hard with school, starving student card, and collaboractive (his business).  He is so busy… he leaves at 7:30 in the morning and gets home at 9:00 at night.  Sometimes I forget that I’m married!  (j/k) He will finally be graduating from law school this December.  Whoopie!

First Hospital Visit


Being Weighed at the Doctors- he's four months and 17 lbs and getting close to fitting into 9 month outfits

We’ve finally done it… yes we moved out of my parents’ house.  It’s nice having our own little place, but I miss living with my family.  We are really enjoying our new ward.  We are among a ward full of young families, it’s a blast!

Halloween- We had fun trick or treating with William...  I don't think he liked it as much as the rest of us did though



Helping with laundry

Break dancing with Auntie Em

William's new favorite toy: Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas


Reading with Papa John



The Mascot at Auntie Em's soccer games


Partying with the Aunties




William meets his cousin Noah


Proud Fathers

William's first high school football game.  Here's a picture with the original high school mascot

Auntie Em in action against her schools big rival... mountain view!


Over the past few months William has developed quite the personality.  He is a very social little person and he knows what he wants.  He is always cooing, doing this funny squeal thing and every once and a while we can get the cutest giggles out of him.  His favorite person to have holding him is his Papa John.  If William is upset, one little dose of Papa John will calm him right down.  Listen to this funny story that my Dad (Papa John) wrote in an email to Janessa (my missionary sister who’s in Colorado Springs Mission right now):

I'm sure you will hear all about William from mom, but he is starting to show a lot of personality.  He likes me to hold him facing forward with me standing.  I tried to pass him off to Karissa at Emily's soccer game.  We tried to be really sly about it.  He was wearing his really puffy tiger costume that mom got him for Halloween so we thought he would not notice, but after a few moments he realized that something was different and burst out crying.

 William has always got to be playing with something now that he can use his hands.  It’s obvious that he is pretty proud of himself when he can grab something and bring it to his mouth.  When he is concentrating on playing with something there is no distracting him, he will not even look up or acknowledge me when I talk to him or give him kisses or anything!  He is one very focused kid.  We also found out that William likes to watch sports (especially football).  I’ve been taking William to his Auntie Em’s soccer games.  He loves it!  We bought him a cute tiger outfit so he can dress up for the games!  Go Orem High Tigers!  We are excited for basketball season to start because Emily made the varsity team this year. 

2 comments:

April said...

oh, so many good things! :) babies grow up so so fast! :) you are such a good mom!

Joanna Freeman said...

Melanie, I am so amazed at you! Thanks for the update. What a cute family! Thanks for leading the way. I have thought of you so many times. It would be fun to see you again soon!