Tuesday, July 26, 2011

He's Here!!!

Our little bundle of joy finally made it!!!  William was born on Sunday July 17.  I went into labor at about midnight but I thought I was having bowel problems or something.  Thomas tried to convince me that I was in labor and we should rush to the hospital.  I wasn't convinced until Thomas in desperation went and got my mom to try and talk me into going to the hospital.  Finally we left for the hospital at 2:00 a.m.

Arriving at the hospital:  (The nurses didn't believe me when I told them I was in labor.  They said I looked too happy... my secret... hypnobirthing)



At 7:30 I was dilated to a 9 and so we called my family to tell them to hurry over!  After about an hour of pushing William was born at 10:13 a.m.  There was such a sweet spirit that entered the room when William was born.  How can anyone deny that babies come straight from Heaven?  This little guy was supposed to come to earth this summer!  In fact, the reason we decided to get pregnant was because of a strong impression from the Lord that we weren't supposed to wait.

William's first moments on this earth.

I'm a mom!  I think this was the best day of my life!
  He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long. 
His first bath
Proud Daddy!  William is crazy about his Dad, every time Thomas talks William does his best to look even if he's across the room!

William's first visitors

Auntie Em
Aunt Karissa
Nana
Papa John
Thomas' Uncle Chris and Aunt Janelle

Thomas' Grandpa Cornwall
Uncle Travis and his girlfriend Rachel
Uncle Tyler
William is such a sweet little baby.  He's got a really mellow personality and is very social.  He loves to be talked to and he does his best to look at whoever is giving him attention. We just love our sweet little William!

5 comments:

Jessi said...

What a handsome baby, Melanie! You look beautiful as usual. Congratulations on your growing family :)

Joanna Freeman said...

Yeah!!! So happy Melanie! We are excited to meet him! Hopefully our little boys will be good friends :)

meri lino said...

melanie felicitaciones!!! es hermoso williams disfruten de el y sean muy felicices!!! te veias muy linda con panza!!! casi igualita como estabas en la mision ja ja te quiero mucho!!!

Elder Scott Robison said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations Melanie!! Can't wait to see him in person.

April said...

congrats! I didn't even know you were pregnant! he is so cute! you are going to be a wonderful mother!