Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fun!!!

Well, today was actually a GOOD day!  I had so much fun and I actually relished in being a mother.  This kind of took me by surprise because for the last 2 months I've been getting 4ish hours of sleep and so I've been extremely irritable and I've just been hating life... seriously.  Thomas even got a little frustrated with me one day and said, "All you can do is complain!"  ... Oh... sorry... but I'm miserable!
But, today was a refreshing and wonderful day.  Usually, my favorite days are ones where I accomplish a lot... but today wasn't one of those.  Today was one of those days that I relished in spending time with my cuties and appreciated their sweet little personalities.  We had fun wrestling, swimming, reading books, and laughing.  I had a realization on Sunday as I was wrestling with my baby during sacrament meeting.  I realized, 'Hey!  This is the time of life that I have always fantasized and day dreamed about!  It's here!'  So instead of getting flustered because Kenney was being so wiggly or William wasn't sitting reverently... I took a deep breath and sat back and just let myself feel grateful and happy.  It was amazing!  I think that is the change of heart that made this day amazing! (plus Thomas let me sleep in and then go for a run which helped my feel AMAZING... and I kept my kids well fed today... and I showered them with love and attention... all recipes for amazingness)

No comments: