Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Night time wakings

This morning at about 3:30 am I had a sweet experience with William. I heard him crying kind of a desperate cry so I went in and picked him up. We rocked for about 15 minutes and then I laid him down. He started up the same weird desperate cry and it startled me so I picked him right back up... feeling worried, wondering what was going on inside him. Well after a few I started getting the angry feelings I get when he is being ridiculously difficult, but I immediately suppressed them. I figured I might as well since I was awake already (I had been up since 2 unable to sleep). After about 10 more minutes I tried to get up but he started wimpering. So I said, "William, it's time to lay down" he said, "I'm sad"... "why are you sad?" No answer just more whimpering. "Do you want to say a prayer?" Nod... and he immediately folded his arms. We prayed. As soon as we said 'amen' he said in a very cheerful voice, "I want my blanket on". He got right into bed and then said, "good night, mom". I was very humbled by the faith and trust in God of my little one. Oh that we all could feel so much confidence in Heavenly Father and His love for us.

No comments: