Friday, October 4, 2013

Lazy October Days

Funny story!  Yesterday William had his little friend Autumn over to play, after a while we got tired of playing her and so we migrated to Autumn's house.  It's great being almost next door neighbors!  They had gone upstairs to Autumns room when about 5 minutes later Autumn came downstairs stopped, turned around to look up at William, who was watching her from the top of the stairs, and said, "I'll be back soon, honey!"  It was so cute!  I love little kids!
Today we've been trying our best to get through a very long to do list.  Most of the to do list is deep cleaning that desperately needs to be done.  Naturally, William isn't very fond of those activities, but he just had to man up!
We decided to make it a game.  We got the 'boat' which is the laundry basket.  He pretended to ride in the boat, which was loaded with cleaning supplies, while I pushed it around.  The boat would 'dock' and I would hurry and clean that room, then onto the next place.  To make it interesting the boat would fly up the 'waterfall' (stairs) to clean one room and then go down the 'waterfall' to clean something downstairs.  And so it went on for about 3 hours this morning.... up down up down.  To anyone who doesn't think that being a mom isn't hard physical labor... HA!  Anyways, the game worked quite nicely, I think I will try that tactic next time (if my back is up to it).
Playing with B... b... balloons at preschool.


Chilling after throwing a major tantrum at the grocery store.  Why does it always happen at the grocery story!


No comments: