Friday, September 27, 2013

To do less... will leave you with an empty feeling


I LOVE THIS QUOTE!

“Think about your particular assignment at this time in your life. It may be to get an education, it may be to rear children, it may be to be a grandparent, it may be to care for an relieve the suffering of someone you love, it may be to do a job in the most excellent way possible, it may be to support someone who has a difficult assignment of their own. Our assignments are varied and they change from time to time. Don't take them lightly. Give them your full heart and energy. Do them with enthusiasm. Do whatever you have to do this week with your whole heart and soul. To do less than this will leave you with an empty feeling.” 
― Marjorie Pay HinckleySmall and Simple Things

I think that sometimes I get caught up in the monotony of everyday life and I don't give it my all.  I let days pass without accomplishing anything or having meaningful moments with my son or husband.  I can say that I have experienced the empty feeling.  Right now my assignment is my young family!  I need to live everyday with purpose and give it my whole heart and soul!

We finally got out his fall clothes and this is the first outfit he wore!

Playing boat while I did laundry

At the Museum of Art at BYU.  Yes, this is a giant dress made out of bubble wrap!
Choo Choo Trains!

My Dad built this amazing train track and William goes crazy every time we visit!
Funny story of the day.  We went on a walk this morning and came home FREEZING!  Of course, it was a perfect time for hot chocolate!  Ha ha, the rest of the day William kept asking me for 'chocolate milk... chocolate milk'.

No comments: