One of our favorite holidays is the 4th of July!!! We love celebrating the birth of our country. I am so grateful for the blessing of living in a free country. I've traveled worldwide and it has only helped me become more appreciative of the freedoms I enjoy. This year we enjoyed going to the Marriott center for a special program, the stadium of fire, and the parade. Every year we try to find a spot at the parade by arriving at 5:00 a.m.!!! Usually it has been my job, but this year it got passed to my sisters Emily and Karissa. I guess being pregnant gives you sleeping in privileges. Later we ate a delicious barbecue dinner and then root beer floats as we watched fireworks. Thomas is such a good sport and had the job of setting off all the fireworks. It was almost more entertaining watching him than the fireworks because he is sooo animated! What a blast
!
This year the theme for freedom days seemed to be 'fighting for freedom'. I thought that this was a very appropriate theme because freedom is not free. It is a blessing that has to be worked for and preserved. The main focus seemed to be fighting for freedom by serving in the military. I am so grateful for all those who have given their lives for this country and for those who continually put themselves in harms way for us. I realized though that it is all in vain if we as a people aren't righteous and aren't involved in preserving our liberties by understanding the constitution and being involved in civil government and the political process.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams
1 comment:
I remember going to the parade with you guys and later setting off fireworks. ;) So much fun! You look so good Melanie. I haven't met your hubby yet but he seems really great!
Post a Comment