Saturday, July 5, 2014

Seek the Lord Early

Today William was playing rambunctiously with his Auntie Em.  They were zooming cars all over the family room when, all of the sudden he stopped, folded his arms and said, 'Heavenly Father, thank thee for my car, AMEN!'  It was so cute and random at the time, that I got a good laugh, but at the same time I was very humbled at his example.  How many times do I stop to thank the Lord for something that I'm really enjoying or how awesome my life is?  Plus, I haven't really even taught William to do that.  To just stop and thank Heavenly Father, I mean.  He is a spiritual giant that's for sure.
It reminded me of the scripture found in Proverbs 8:17 about seeking the Lord early.  A lot of times we wait until prayers at night or until we are in distress to truly seek the Lord.  William showed me how to seek the Lord early by remembering to thank Him during the good times.

No comments: