We went to a wonderful fireside tonight about marriage. The speaker told a story about a couple who had come to him for counseling. They said they had been to multiple marriage counselors. They had tried everything and nothing had helped them. They told him that if he didn't help them than they would give up and get a divorce. The speaker said he felt a lot of pressure and began to pray. He said, "Heavenly Father, surely there is something I learned getting my PhD that will help this couple." The answer came, "Get the saints to live the gospel." The speak then began to say that problems in marriage begin with the heart, whether we have a soft heart or a hard heart. He went on to explain that the primary purpose of this earth life is to get married and learn how to have a celestial eternal partnership in marriage. When we aren't able to make it work, essentially we are saying that we can't follow the plan God has ordained to exalt us.
It was a very interesting fireside and needless to say Thomas and I felt very humble. On the way, home we were apologizing to each other, when all of the sudden William piped in. "I sorry, too. I sorry, too." I don't think he really knew what he was saying. He had just heard to word sorry and it was one he knew and so he started repeating it over and over. Nevertheless it was extremely cute.
One last cute story. William was playing with his friend Autumn. He tripped over her and hurt her. She said, "Ouch! That hurt! Say your sorry!" William very innocently said, "Sorry." Then Autumn totally over it said, "It's okay Will." So CUTE!
No comments:
Post a Comment